training classes for Kids and Teens
Creating a supportive learning environment for the pursuit of development.
Kids Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
Hikari’s program for Kid’s BJJ is accredited by the Winners Method, a methodology developed by a multidisciplinary team. Composed by professionals with extensive national and international experience in BJJ and in the physical and emotional development of children and adolescents.
With the little ones, the class is done in a playful and fun way. As they have a better understanding of the culture and movements, factors such as discipline and coordination begin to have a greater weight in training.
From the age of 5, children can start BJJ. They learn in a safe environment conducive for all 3 stages (Winners 1, Winners 2 and Winners 3) of their development.
Children will learn the meaning of loss and are taught how to deal through it. The coaches will apply different encouragement methods to help children overcome their fears and weaknesses to improve their performance, self-esteem and self-confidence which are essential for their development into young adults through the sport.
Teens' Muay Thai
- Introduction to Basics of Muay Thai (Art of 4 limbs)
- Learn The WAI: Basic Muay Thai Greeting & Signs of Respect in the sport.
- Teens will learn in a safe and supervised environment. We will teach them how to punch, kick, elbow and knee while breaking a sweat and, most importantly, having fun!
- Our mission is to teach teenagers the core values Muay Thai: “Respect, Discipline, Responsibility, Honor and Perseverance.”
- Our curriculum of the class focuses on basic techniques from different positions and progressively builds up
- Focus shall be on fundamental concepts in Muay Thai practice that will aid the student’s development.
Hikari’s Kids Boxing Class is a 1 hour class suitable for kids aged 4 to 12 (All Levels). The class would cover the following:
- Introduction to Basics of Boxing (Stance, footwork drills and basic punches)
- Kids will learn in a safe and supervised environment. We incorporate speed, coordination and agility drills for children to improve in their boxing technique and movements. Here we also introduce kids to defence techniques for practise (parry, slips & rolls).
- Our mission is to teach kids the core value of what martial arts has to offer through Muay Thai: “Respect, Discipline, Responsibility and Perseverance.”
- Focus shall be on fundamental concepts in boxing that will aid the student’s development into adult’s group class. Similar to our other kids’ classes, we place emphasis on progressive learning.